Tuesday 17 September 2013

LATEST IN BEAUTY box #8

Now I'm going to begin this post by saying that I think it could quite possibly be my favourite from Latest In Beauty. I know I've not even begun the review, but I think I'm going to get along with all of the products in the box. They're all items that I would pick full sizes of, including the Mystery Sample that was included (more about that later...).






So this first product is one of the two that I picked myself and I chose it 1) because it was the only one that really stood out to me from the options presented on the website and 2) I was interested to see what it offered/how it worked. From what I can tell it appears to be a hair treatment that provides a whole host of benefits but with the main aim of 'detangling' fine or oily/normal hair. Out of those categories, I only fall into oily/normal hair and I'm quite lucky in that my hair doesn't knot that bad - a bit of conditioner and a run through with my fingers and I'm good to go. But there are some days when my hair is particularly difficult and I'm sure something like this would really help. It also seems like a good product to just use on a regular basis anyway to give your hair that little extra care and treatment. The packaging says it "adds a lustrous shine and softness to the hair" and "leaves hair shiny, revitalised and perfectly balanced" and I for one would love my hair to have these qualities so I'm super excited to give this a go!

Now this second item was my 'Mystery Sample'. I clicked this option as none of the samples I could choose from really excited me and I thought there was no harm in taking a chance for a surprise product! And I certainly wasn't disappointed. It is some more hair products but this time a shampoo and conditioner. I've heard of the brand Aveda before and I believe they're quite popular so it'll be nice to test out some of their offerings. Unfortunately these are two of the items from the 'invati' range which works towards the reduction of thinning hair and at the age of 18 (nearly 19 - only a week!), thinning hair is not an issue for me. But they have three different types of 'invati' products; an exfoliating shampoo, thickening conditioner and scalp revitaliser which each do a whole load of other things to the hair and scalp so I can't wait to try these out and write up a full and proper review as there is so much information to share with you!

The final sample I got was one I chose myself and a skincare product this time. I've heard of Amie as a brand before and always associate them with really simple and natural skin care which is always very positive. As I have said many a time on this blog, masks are my weakness but I have never tried a 'cooling' clay mask. Most clay masks are self-heating ones that open your pores and bring all the dirt up to the surface of your skin from deep within your pores. Therefore I'm interested to see what a cooling one will do. The packaging says that it still does the same type of things as a heating one but provides a much more refreshing treatment which I think will be really nice for when you want to perk your skin up a little. I'm really looking forward to testing this out and reporting back to you guys which one I prefer - the heating or the cooling clay masks! Stay tuned!

So that's it for this Latest In Beauty box! It's full of products that I know I'm just going to love trying out and hopefully end up loving for good so keep your eyes out for some full reviews in the future as I'm sure they'll be super positive ones!

MUSINGS...
Not much to report on today. I've spent most of the day with my friend Pippa actually which has been really nice as I'm going to miss her so much when I go to university. We popped into Manchester this morning to get her a new piercing and I definitely spent far too much - I can't wait to show all my purchases on here tomorrow! We then went to lunch at Wagamama's before heading back to my house to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Both of us have been having Harry Potter marathons recently so we decided to watch the last two together as I don't actually own them.

Then she had to pop out whilst I sorted some stuff out before we then both met two of our other friends for dinner. It's safe to say I am now mothering a very large food baby but I definitely ate well!

I'm not doing anything tomorrow so my post should be up earlier than today's! Keep an eye out for that and bye bye until tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!