Tuesday 23 July 2013

february 2013 glossybox

And I'm back again with another Glossybox post! This time it is the Feburary box and so the 'Valentines' special. That means it is both themed and full of products to treat yourself with whether it is for a loved one or because you feel you deserve a good indulging. Although the day for love has passed, it doesn't mean that we don't need a little 'pick me up' every now and then! And I personally cannot wait to use these products when I feel like a little treat for myself!







I've never heard of this brand before but I'm glad because that's the whole purpose of sample boxes, to be introduced to brands and products you would never have used before. Now in the leaflet, it says that this is a 'blush powder' but in the pot, it looks more like a bronzer. The colour is described as Terra Cotta (surely a more appropriate name for a bronzer?) but when swatched on the hand it produces a gorgeous peachy pink with gold shimmer. It seems very natural and very flattering with it's own highlighter included - I'm very much looking forward to trying it out on my actual cheeks! 



Me Me Me are a brand I've heard of before but never really had a chance to get my hands on. As far as I know they only stock at Superdrug (on the high street) and unfortunately my local one has closed down. Therefore, I'm very glad to be able to give a full sized product from the brand a go! I've never actually used a highlighter before (part of me is wondering how/where i actually apply it...) and I'm wondering how it will change how my make up looks overall when the product is applied. I do actually think that on other people, highlighters are very subtle but also obviously flattering, if that makes sense...



Now the lighting in these pictures is pretty pants, the colour is more of a dark and vampy purple-y red (whereas the pictures seem to show it as a very dark purple...). The consistency is ultra creamy and as soon as I touched the lipstick onto my skin, the colour was transferred. One swipe created an opaque layer and so I'm uber excited to try it on the lips! I've never tried Helen E products before but I do recall hearing about the brand before and after a quick google and venture onto the site, the products look very nice!


Body spray is not a product I actually thought I'd receive in a beauty box. I'm not sure why, I just thought I'd get perfume samples, not a full sized body spray! Body sprays are not products I tend to spend a lot of money on even though they are something I use every day. I usually go for the drugstore brands (Impulse, Charlie, etc) and whilst they do the job, it's nice to have something a little more 'upmarket'. I've never heard of the brand 'Q' before but it sounds of high quality. Unfortunately the smell is not one I can get along with. It's very highly rose scented and reminds me too much of 'old ladies' so I think this may be a product for my mum or grandma. 



Now unlike the spray, this is a scent I very much enjoy! I've recently been really getting into the scent of raspberry and I think it could quite possibly be over taking strawberry as one of my favourite scents! As a result, I'm very much looking forward to using this cream! As far as I can tell, it is a full body cream and so I plan to use it after I've indulged myself with my next bath! The box says that the "cream enfolds your skin in absolute softness and hydration" which sounds so promising and luxurious. I don't usually use a body cream but I was actually thinking today about how I should probably start using one to keep my skin hydrated so this could be a great one to start with!



This was a nice little addition from Glossybox who seem to get it just right with all themed boxes. The little added extras, the little surprises and gifts you wouldn't normally expect, these are what keep me interested and ever eager when a glossybox arrives at my door. So thank you Glossybox! :)

That's it from me today and I hope you enjoyed this post. They are actually one of my favourite posts because they re-introduce me to the products I've received from past glossyboxes that I've actually forgotten about. They are also very easy to read because my thoughts just seem to flow!

I've had a pretty relaxing day today. I went into Manchester with a friend and we went for lunch at Wagamama's before a quick spend in Primark (i bought a new purse, some bits & bobs for my hair and some face wipes). I saw quite a lot of stuff I liked so I'm going to go back in with my mum on Saturday for a bigger spend! 

Hoping everybody else has had a nice day and that the descent in weather conditions hasn't got you too down... Luckily I sleep through anything and so the thunder and lightning did not disturb me but I hope it doesn't cause too many problems for any of you tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!