Monday 11 March 2013

mother's day 2013

So I was going to do this post yesterday but I had a history mock today that I was getting far too stressed about and as a result, blogging took a bit of a back seat. I apologise for not posting for the past 10 days but parts of my life have just become so hectic and crazy that I've really had no time. I'm currently supposed to be revising for a biology test but I'll just allow myself a little break to give you a post (how nice am i?! ;) )!

Anyway, today's post is on what I got up to yesterday for Mother's Day. I did a post last year for Mother's Day and to be honest, they've pretty much got the same stuff in them as my dad and I always try to do my mum's favourite things for her on Mother's Day and they don't really change that often. I'd also just like to point out that there are a lot of pictures of my cat, Toby. He's practically my baby so why not include him in a Mother's Day post?



Mr Sleepy Grumpy Head...






These were the treats I got for my lovely and wonderful mum this year. I thought the card was the cutest thing and really simple which is what she likes. And the flowers are just beautiful. We're still waiting for some of the bigger buds to completely open but I guess that means they'll hopefully last quite a while! I also got her a bottle of her favourite liquor, Baileys. She honestly adores this stuff but rarely buys it for herself so I did it for her!




My mum and I also went to the gym together. It may seem like a strange 'mummy/daughter' activity to do but we both really enjoy it so why not? The gym we go to is actually an all women's one and I only started about 2 weeks ago but I'm already absolutely loving it. I used to go to a Total Fitness gym and I just couldn't find the motivation and I never really knew what machines I should use or how long to use them for. But at this gym, you get individual advice from a trainer and a programme to work on for 6 weeks and then it's changed for the next 6 weeks so you don't get bored. I'm mainly going for weight loss but the stuff I'm doing will help in a range of areas such as toning and general health. Obviously, there are no visible signs just yet but I am feeling so much better in myself. I do feel healthier and not as lethargic. 



I also thought I'd paint my nails for the first time in a long time. The colour I used was 'Razzle Dazzle' by Deborah Lippman and I actually got it in a very old Glossybox. I'm hopefully going to review it on Sunday so you can see the results after a full week. 




I promise these are the last photos of my boy, Toby... 
P.S. don't you just love his lack of dignity?




The final part of my Mother's Day was a meal out at one of our favourite restaurants. The food there is so good and it's just got a really cosy atmosphere. We usually go there after a nice walk but I'd had a nap in the afternoon so we didn't really have time before our reservation time (oops!). I had their curry of the day which was Chicken Rogan Josh and it was very nice. I'm not the biggest fan of continental food (i'm a fussy eater but i'm much better than i used to be!) and only really like my chicken a certain way but this was good. The chicken was really soft and sort of 'stringy' so it wasn't any trouble to cut or put together with a large helping of rice! The naan bread was personally the best bit, though, as it was the best I've ever tasted! For dessert I got a very nice helping of Lemon Drizzle Cake. This is my favourite type of cake but I rarely have it to be honest so I definitely couldn't pass up on it last night!

So that was my Mother's Day adventures. It was actually a really nice day and I would have loved to have done more with my mum but unfortunately I had some revision to do but she seemed to have had a nice day anyway which is the main thing! I hope everybody else had a lovely day and treated their mum's excessively! And to any mum's out there, I hope you were spoilt rotten too!

1 comment:

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!