Sunday 23 December 2012

christmas jollybobs

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE EVERYONE :) Eeek, it's only two more sleeps away and we can hardly call tomorrow night a 'sleep' as we'll all be too excited!

Let me first apologise, as per usual (it wouldn't be tradition if i didn't would it?),  for no posts since the 8th (jesus christ, i didn't realise it had been that long!) but I broke up from school on Friday so it's been a bit of a rush these past few weeks to get everything done. I am now free, however, and have a lot more time to post! I still have lots of revision to do as well as extra days at work but we'll see how it goes :)

I wasn't sure what to do for a post today so I thought I'd make a little round up of all my Christmas-sy pictures from my phone. I haven't had chance to use my main, digital camera in a while so the quality isn't all that good but I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

christmas cookie

tesco getting into the spirit

my local town centre looking all pretty and festive

cringey christmas earrings that i just couldn't turn down

my advent calendars this year

christmas yumminess

building up my christmas dvd collection (i also bought the grinch after this photo was taken!)

my very first christmas jumper!

i came home from work last weekend at my mum had put this on the windowsill in my room

my little bumpkin looking guilty as he was trying to eat my tree...

christmas banter

our beautiful main tree!

an early christmas present (yes, real jeffery campbell litas!) - thanks daddy!

got myself a christmas halo at work today

This is the first year in a long time that I've actually been excited for the 'big day'! I usually don't get that excited until the morning of the 25th and the feeling doesn't tend to last that long. However, this year, I've really been getting into the spirit!

On Friday, my school held their annual pantomime which is done by the year 13's (my year) and it was so much fun! We don't do one of the traditional tales (e.g. Peter Pan/Aladdin etc), however. Instead we write it ourselves consisting of all our memories and the big things that have been a part of our time at school. Ours was about the end of the world and consisted of lots of different characters from different shows/films etc. I played Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory and it was a really good laugh :)

After we had finished at school my friends and I went out for a pub lunch at one of my favourite pubs - The Swan With Two Nicks. I opted for garlic bread and the steak burger. It was SO good but a little too meaty for me (if that makes sense?) so I couldn't finish it but it was really tasty. When we were all stuffed we headed our separate ways and I just came home. That evening though I met up with a friend who I talk too a lot but rarely get to see which was nice.

Yesterday was the first day of my revision (which didn't actually go that well as i kept falling asleep and i barely did any - tut tut beth!) and I also went to the cinema with my two friends, Pippa and Vicky. We went to see Pitch Perfect and it was really good actually! It's sort of like Glee but not as cringey. I really do recommend it if you're into those type of things but I can say it's not for everyone. After that we went to a nice little cafe for lunch where I got a chicken and bacon club with chips. It was honestly so amazing that I'm already looking forward to going back!

In the evening I had to go to the Trafford Centre with my parents to pick one of my Christmas presents (the Jeffrey Campbell Litas!!!) and to finish my shopping which was all very smooth. I didn't have that many presents to buy this year - my parents (i actually got them 4 each which i'm really happy about), my godson, a few friends and a secret santa for a girl at my work. I managed to buy them all with my own money which has never happened before so I'm even more excited to give them out! When I got home, then, I had to wrap them but I did it whilst watching Four Christmas' so it wasn't too bad.

I was at work today for 5 hours as an extra shift over the holidays so it wasn't too bad but I was glad to be home. I'm going to go off now and do some revision (or at least attempt it) before getting a decent night's sleep as I have another shift tomorrow as well as a great night out to look forward too tomorrow evening!

I hope everyone's doing well and that you're getting into the festive spirit! And if you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you're having a lovely and relaxing break! Hopefully a post for  you all tomorrow, but if not on Christmas day! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!