Tuesday 9 October 2012

LATEST IN BEAUTY box #5

Hello everyone! I'm in a really good mood today so I hope that shows in my post! I just love it when you have good days as it just makes everything else better. For example, I had a biology test today and it actually went quite good (well at least i hope it did, we'll have to see when i get my result back) so for the rest of the day, I just felt positive about everything else, including a history essay (which is now actually making me want to cry... but ah well!). I've stopped with my essay for tonight as I plan to finish it tomorrow so I'm watching X Men: First Class (once again) and posting! And in terms of that topic, here is today's post:





 
 
I always forget what samples I've ordered from Latest In Beauty until I actually open the box to take photographs for the blog. And I'm always pleasantly surprised, even though I picked the products myself - very strange! But this box is a particular favourite! I really like all of the products I chose and can't wait to get started with them!

The first item in my little pink box is from Tresemme and after having only recently tried out and reviewed some Tresemme shampoo and conditioner, I'm so hoping I fall in love with this item too! Also very proud of myself for having selected this (obviously looked into the future ;) ). I didn't want to open the product to check out the whole package until I reviewed it but I got too excited and just took a look inside. It was quite beefy so I had a feeling it would have a lot in it. There are 3 sachets; a shampoo, a conditioner and a leave in treatment. It's based on helping with split ends - appropriately named 'SPLIT REMEDY' - and considering this is a weak point of my hair, I'm hoping to god it does something good! There are two other products in the 'collection' (a sealing serum and a masque) so if these go well, I'm definitely going to be interested in trying out the whole lot! Honestly, I cannot wait to let you all know how they turn out. Also believe I have been converted to a Tresemme fanatic and will probably repurchase forever.

The next two items are skincare ones and the first of these is from a brand called Melvita. The item I've got is a 'Moisturising Rose Nectar' which is meant for normal to dehydrated skin. I actually consider myself to have very oily skin but it can get very tight sometimes and there are some dry patches. Therefore I'm very interested in seeing what this does to it. I don't know a lot about Melvita but looking at the information inside the little card the sachet came in, I believe it is a mainly moisturiser focused brand... The back says there are 3 steps to 'a fresh, moisturised complexion' with 3 different products. I, honestly, never thought there could be 3 products necessary to moisturise your face, I've always just stuck with one. But depending on how I find this nectar, I'd like to see the end result of all 3.

I was very lucky with the last item. I never know what the size of the samples are going to be like and/or how many I'm going to get. But with this, I got 5! Very generous! I just hope I like the product so that it makes it worthwhile. Unfortunately, like the Melvita item, it is rose based which is my least favourite scent but I'll give it a go with the possibility that I'll get along with it. All the instructions are in other languages so I'm not entirely sure what it is... Brill! However, Latest In Beauty have stopped putting information sheets in their boxes so by the time that I actually look in my box and check out my samples, it's usually been at least a month since I ordered it and therefore I have usually forgotten the full name of the product. BUT I've just looked on the website and it's an intensive night cream. I have never tried a night cream (i presume they're just like moisturisers?  - or am i being really dumb?) and so, with the belief that I'm always up for trying something new, I'll see if I like it and whether I want to incorporate it into my daily/nightly skincare routine!

And that's it for this box! I am about to go and order my next one though so keep an eye out for that in the near future.

Updates!

  1. I hadn't actually planned a post for last night as Monday nights are just too crazy and busy for me so I'll probably take Monday's off from blogging from now on (unless i have the day off/the time to post).
  2. Today was a pretty busy day at school as well (only one free, urgh) but like I said at the start of the post, it was a pretty good day overall!
  3. I honestly don't have that much to update you up on about my life apart from stuff about school which, let's be honest, no one wants to hear about...
  4. I do have a post planned for tomorrow and depending on how my history essay goes and the rest of my homework (which i'm planning to do in my frees), it should be up around the same time as tonight's.
  5. Going to the doctor's tomorrow afternoon as I need to go to get the next lot of a regular prescription and to have my sinus' checked out as I honestly think there could be something wrong with them. When my ears become popped on airplanes, it is so unbearably painful and it lasts for hours (much longer than it should). Also, when I have colds, it's like my sinus' go into meltdown which is also unbearable. So fingers crossed, they'll find out the problem!
That's it for now as there is nothing else I can say without droning on about absolutely nothing. I'm going to finish watching X Men before heading to bed for a, slightly, early night. Hope you've all had as lovely a day as I have (probably more fun as well, let's be honest) and a relaxing/fun (whichever you want) night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!