Friday 17 August 2012

home (again...)

(i actually wrote this on the 16th but it was posted just after midnight today)

So I have returned from my family holiday and don't actually have that much to report about it. We didn't do much apart from stay at the hotel everyday, getting a tan and relaxing.

We stayed at the Sharks Bay Hilton Resort in Sharm El Sheikh and it was lovely! There are 2 sides to the hotel and we stayed at the newer side which I felt was much nicer. I'm not promoting the hotel because I've been asked to, I genuinely recommend it to anyone who's planning on heading to Sharm El Sheikh.

On the first Saturday we were there we went on a boat trip that allowed us to do some snorkelling (my favourite!) and my mum and I did an introductory scuba dive which was amazing! On one of the evenings we also visited a place called Na'ama Bay which had little Egyptian market stalls in back alleys and, in contrast, big modern clubs and restaurants on the main street. It was a strange experience and I probably wouldn't go again but it was worth going just to eat at Hard Rock Cafe (nom, so good!). Another night we walked down the main road near our hotel to go and look at the shops in a place called Soho Square. It was sort of like a city centre but on a smaller scale. They had the typical souvenir shops and then the high end shops. It was pretty busy and too hot so we didn't really stay for long but I managed to pick up some presents for my friends.

I don't have much else to say so I'll upload a few pictures from my trip. I also took two underwater digital cameras but they haven't been developed yet so I'll upload those at a later date.















 #




































So they're just a selection of photos from my trip. The reason why the first few pictures are in the dark is because we landed pretty late but I still wanted to get some pictures taken. I also thought I'd also include some outfit photos of what I wore at night time.







On another night I also wore my black maxi dress with a zebra print vest but I think I was too tired to take a picture.

Updates!

  1. I did actually get back at half past 2 on Tuesday morning but I couldn't post that day due to picking my cat up from the cattery (then having to take him to the vets due to him limping with a swollen paw :(), then having to go and pick up a parcel (which was actually my Leeds festival tickets, eeek!), check when my next shifts were, unpack from my holiday in order to start packing for V festival this weekend (!) and various other bits and pieces. Basically it was a busy day on Tuesday...
  2. Then on Wednesday I was working from 11:00 until 4:00 (not that bad a shift) and afterwards I went to the Trafford Centre to buy last minute bits and pieces for this weekend. I actually bought a jumper that I'm not taking to the festival with me but want to do a separate post on as it is that gorgeous! Therefore by the time I got home I was not in the mood to blog at all but instead caught up with Mariannan's and Laura's blogs. 
  3. Then today I had to work again due to having to cover someone's shift and it was so long and hard (12:00 until 7:30 - not fun!). Before that however I did actually go and pick up my AS level results. I don't really want to share them on here but it's not that their awful, they're just lower than I was expecting. I think I'm more disappointed than upset as I put in so much hard work for them. But it's given me more motivation to work really hard when I go back to school in order to boost my grades up. After work I then had to go to Tesco's to pick up even more final bits and pieces for V before going to my friend's house for a late birthday celebration and a bit of a celebration for results.
  4. As I mentioned earlier I'm going to V festival this weekend with my two best friends and 3 other girls from my school. I've never been before so I'm not entirely sure what it's like (somehow i think it'll be a bit different to Leeds...). I'm really looking forward to the music as the line up is great and the fact I'm seeing The Killers on Sunday is incredible. But anyway, it basically means that I won't be posting again until I get back on Monday. I'm hoping to get a post in then (it'll either be my underwater camera pictures or an Egypt haul) so look out for that. Then on Tuesday I'm working again (but will try and do another post then) before heading off to Leeds festival on Wednesday for about 5 and a half days (i really feel like i've been living out of a suitcase and rucksack this summer!). But after that I am home for at least a month which means more blog posts, fingers crossed!
  5. In other news, I got my nose pierced about 3 weeks ago and I love it! I don't know if I've mentioned it on here before but I'm a big piercing fan. I currently have 5 ear piercings (it was 6 but i had to take on out as it rejected) and my nose but I'm hoping to get more. I thought I'd just let you know as it is an update in my life and you may see it in future posts.
  6. I also just wanted to mention that the ALEXY boots from TopShop that I posted about here are an absolute dream! They slightly crushed my toes to begin with but after I'd worn them in they were lovely. I felt extremely tall when I wore them which wasn't too great as I received a lot of stares but they are really lovely to wear. Therefore I think everyone should go out and treat themselves to a pair! 
I don't think I have anything else to update you on so I'll leave the blog post here and wish you all a happy weekend! To anyone going to V, have a great time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!