Thursday 30 August 2012

egypt underwater camera disposables

Hello one and all! I am finally home for good after a summer of what seemed like constant travelling and I am not going anywhere for a long time! On Monday I got home from 5 days at Leeds festival and after a very wonderful bath I slept pretty much the whole afternoon, evening and night until 10 o'clock on Tuesday morning (except a brief time awake for a quick dinner which i nearly fell asleep in). So after the best sleep possible I spent Tuesday relaxing and doing absolutely nothing. I could've posted but I just couldn't be bothered (lazy, i know) plus I wasn't really in the mood anyway. I say nothing but I did actually unpack for the last time in a long time, sort my room out (i really hate it when it's messy, i feel so relaxed and organised when it's tidy), order a fancy dress costume for my friend's 60's themed birthday party on Friday (my costume's so funky that i'll be sure to post a picture of it on here - trust me, you'll want to see it) and bought a new Moleskine diary (it's the same one Emma bought so have a look at the picture on her instagram). Then yesterday was another day of doing what seemed like nothing but I did actually get started on my personal statement. For those who don't know what that is, it's basically a statement (more like a mini essay...) giving you the chance to 'sell yourself' to the university admissions tutors in order to get into university. It's your opportunity to convince them about your enthusiasm and suitability for the course you want to do. It's one of the most important parts of your application process and also possibly the hardest. It can only be 4000 characters and 47 lines long (not actually that much when you get started) so knowing what to include and what to leave out is hard. I've been reading through it and amending it properly today so hopefully by this evening I'll have my first draft fully done. My teachers have told me it can take up to 3 weeks to complete and there will be at least 3 drafts so I'm not expecting it to be quick or easy. On top of that, when I go back to school (next tuesday :(), I have a whole EPQ to do and a history project so I'm going to be so so so busy in the next year but blogging will definitely be a must!

Now on to the main topic of this post! I was going to do a haul of what I got from Egypt but couldn't really be bothered to take the pictures and there's no point trying to take them if you're not in the mood as they just won't turn out right. So, instead, I thought I'd show you my underwater camera disposables that I picked up when I got back from V festival. Some of the pictures weren't that great but I thought I'd show you the good ones. I'm a really keen photographer and I tried my best to get them in good quality but when you're holding your breath trying to take a photo of a moving animal, it can be a little hard.







these are pipe fish

there is a box fish in there, inbetween the two bits of purple coral


jellyfish!



rainbow fish



i must have moved as i was taking the picture, the fish is just there ^





this is a photo of a shipwreck in the middle of the sea, this was about as close as we could get but it was a really amazing view

this is in fact a photo of a tortoise. if you look to the right hand side of the photo and find a white spot, that is on the tortoise's shell. hope you can find him!

another dodgy picture but there is a stingray in there! it's near the middle of the photo and you can see it's tail (the curved line?)



Well I hope you enjoyed these pictures and managed to 'experience' the gorgeous views that I saw. The sea is genuinely one of my favourite places in the world and every year I go snorkelling in order to try to see new types of fish. I honestly believe that everyone, at least once in their life time, should get a chance to see what's under there. I've been swimming and snorkelling since I was about 7 and I don't think I'll ever stop. If you've never been before or would prefer scuba diving, do it!

Updates!

  1. Not actually that many updates for you guys! In terms of beauty (finally, aha!), I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow and I can't wait. The last time I was at the hairdressers was about 2 and a half months ago and the whole bleaching, turning ginger, killing hair thing happened. The lady who coloured my hair said next time I could get more blonde highlights put in but I like where it's at now and I think I may try and grow out my natural colour (probably won't happen and come winter it'll probably be brunette). Anyway, tomorrow I'm getting the ends cut off and having a deep conditioning which will be lovely after a summer of travelling and festivals. I'll let you know the results in my next post!
  2. As I mentioned earlier, tomorrow night I'm going to a friend's birthday party. It's a 60's themed BBQ and I feel that I am probably going to be completely over dressed as my costume is all out! Hopefully it'll be good though and I won't feel really stupid (unlikely...).
  3. Also going back to school next Tuesday so on Sunday I'm going sixth form shopping for more clothes and hopefully some new stationary (my favourite type of shopping!). Yesterday, my mum also ordered me a new school bag and I cannot wait for it to arrive! It's a Cambridge Satchel and I'll be sure to take some pictures for you when I finally get it.
  4. Working all day Saturday but hoping to have some effort to post in the evening. Very excited for the next episode of the X Factor as well! Caught up with the first two episodes, that I'd missed, today and it's got me all in the X Factor mood. On a little side note, how crazy was the Pink impersonator?! I was literally gob smacked!
  5. In terms of TV, Celebrity Juice returns tonight and I am thoroughly looking forward to it. Anyone with me?
And finally, hope you all have a good rest of the week and for those working, it's nearly the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment if you want to!